Red Flower Wonky Log Cabin Patchwork

I actually assumed I was producing wonky log cabin blocks in a previous post when I used Australian fabrics by M&S Textiles. However I simply had not been rickety enough! Who would certainly have believed ?!

Why was I back to producing Rickety Log Cabins? Due to the fact that we will certainly utilize a Rickety Log Cabin obstructs in our 2015 Row by Row Experience pattern! I believed I must practice first (this is entirely out of character for me) and also began to investigate the method.

I found a great blog online: Patchwork Daddy, the pen names of John Q. Adams. He has actually already done the effort of developing a terrific educational tutorial uploading on the Wonky log Cabin.

Many thanks to his impact, I made my detailed images like his (because why reinvent the wheel when somebody has done such a great work?) Thank you, Quilt Papa!

Over, I began with a tiny hand attracted batik panel, Red Flowers, by Hari Agung, trimming the sides at a little an angle. The real cutting is roughly 1/4″ to 3/4″ on each side.

I then selected my selections for the additional fabric I wanted to make use of for the logs around the facility panel. As soon as I had them selected, I reduced them around 1 1/2″ each for ease (above). I would after that cut different quantities off with each row to include variety to my wonky logs (listed below).

I continued to add “log” strips.

After that I added a 3 ″ border (listed below). This is I Make The Path, Spirit by Frond Style Studios.

Lately I have actually observed that I have a tendency to find myself sticking with like textiles in my tasks, as well as am attempting to transform that. As an example, when I work with batiks, I have a tendency to deal with just batik fabrics, even when my intent is to be scrappy. I think I have been limiting myself with that said approach, so I am difficult myself to vacate that comfort area as well as mix up my textile choices.

I did utilize among my favored devices, the Groovin’ Piping Trimming Tool, to create the lime environment-friendly piping (revealed above). The piping was sewn on very first, and afterwards the binding. I have tried to incorporate these steps in the past with one embroidery pass … unsuccessfully. So now I put in the time to sew them each on individually.

I added some free-motion sewing on the panel as well as throughout red boundary fabric. It’s difficult to see in these photos, so I took a closeup image (below). It was excellent enjoyable complying with the Leaf Material wisps as well as contours! (You can see a little that in the binding photo over.).

My Completed Quilt (listed below). I have actually used batiks, Australian Native, and the Leaf Style Studios in this tiny patchwork, and also they look terrific with each other!

Remain tuned for our Row by Row news in a future e-newsletter or post, and “like” Artistic Artefacts on Facebook to see our Row first!

P.S. Remember, Artistic Artifacts will certainly be an exhibitor at the 42nd Annual Quilter’s Unlimited Patchwork Show in Chantilly, VA, May 28-31. The shop will certainly be shut Friday and Saturday, May 28-29, so residents, please plan see us at the show!

Relevant Blog posts:.
Block Printed Wonky Scrap Quilt.
Colorful Batik Panel Quilts: My First Publication!
Virginia’s Patchwork.
Something Fishy …
Beaded Needlework Sewing on Panels.

Powered by Contextual Related Posts.


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *